Friday 19 October 2012

Burberry Eyeshadow in Pale Barley

Burberry Beauty is very much the new object de jour in the Blogging Community, so it would have been rude not to treat myself to something during Harrods recent 10% off day. I've been lusting after their eyeshadows for a while now so I picked up Pale Barley a gorgeous pale gold with a grown up sheen.

Once you build up the courage to put a brush to the gorgeous tartan embossing your rewarded with a soft buttery texture. This is without a doubt the best eyeshadow texture I have used, I would quite happily get rid of all of my MAC shadows and have a few more of these.

All of Burberry's shades look extremely flattering, they seem to be true neutrals not leaning to cool or warm, and as with Pale Barley the finishes are either a very subtle sheen or matte. I apply with a Japonesque Shader brush but you could use a MAC 217 if you want a more sheer coverage.

I can't recommend Burberry eyeshadows enough and I will definitely be getting a few more. They are priced at £23 and can be found at Harrods, Harvey Nichols and selected John Lewis stores.

5 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous shade - it's been on my wishlist for quite a while now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is firmly on my wish list, it looks like the most perfect shade and the packaging is AMAZING! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gem. :D I've wanted to get this for so long, after having seen it make the rounds all over the blogosphere, but still haven't! Must hold off for now and save some moolah, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shade! I am so jealous...we dont have Burberry makeup in Croatia (we dont have many brands actually :D) and they have such elegant packaging and wearable shades...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shade, the design and packaging are also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete