Tuesday 13 March 2012

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

L'oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

DSC_0802

DSC_0805

DSC_0809

L'Oreal Lumi Magique is a new foundation and promises the ever elusive ‘Lit from Within’ look. I fancied trying a new drug store foundation, and I know L'Oreal generally have shades pale enough for me.  Not all the stands have the full shade range, so you may need to find a bigger stand, if you are not one of their more popular shades, it comes in shades with cool and warm undertones. Ignore how warm toned it looks in the images, my shade C1 leans a lot more cool.

Luckily I found my shade (C1)  in my local Tesco, where it is currently on offer (along with some other L'Oreal products) for £7.99.

This foundation has quite a thick consistency, is very easy to blend and gives medium coverage. The finish of this is gorgeous, as someone with a more oily skin I was worried about looking shiny, but it gives a lovely natural glow. I’ve found myself reaching for this quite a lot lately, its just so quick to use and blends really easily with either a Real Techniques Buffing Brush or ELF Powder Brush.

I haven’t had any issues with this foundation sinking into pores, or clinging to dry patches, so it should work for dry skin as well. It doesn’t claim to be long lasting and I definitely do need to touch up through the day with a bit of powder, but I’m yet to find a lighter foundation that I don’t have to do this with. That said it does fade nicely, which I’m starting to think is the way forward with foundation for me, I mean there’s no point wearing a long lasting foundation if it starts looking awful midway through the day!

This is becoming my favourite inexpensive foundation, I haven’t really liked a high street foundation (not including the BB Creams which I love)  this much for a very long time, and I really cant fault this. I have ignored L’Oreal for quite a while, but after looking at their shade range they seem like a great option if you struggle finding a match at Boots or Superdrug, especially if you can get to a bigger stand.

I got this from Tesco where it is currently priced at £7.99, you can also find it at Boots where it costs £10.99 (but is also on 3 for 2).

4 comments:

  1. i'd so love to try this. i have oily skin but i'm a sucker for anything 'illuminating'. looks so nice on your skin too. hope it comes to the u.s.
    xx

    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be, it's such a gorgeous foundation!
      X

      Delete
  2. Great post, wanted to try this but it wasn't quite pale enough for me, glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I can just get away with it, if I was any paler it wouldn't have worked for me either. Have you tried the True Match ? Thinking I migh try that next!
      X

      Delete