Saturday 21 April 2012

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation Review

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation Review Swatch Swatched

To say I’d become foundation obsessed lately would be somewhat of an understatement. After falling head over heels in love with Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation I had to try their latest release, the 123 Perfect Foundation. This foundation claims to correct uneven skin tones with different coloured pigments, yellow for dark circles, mauve for dullness and green for redness.

123 Perfect is a medium coverage bordering on full, it has quite a thick texture and a satin/demi matt finish. I apply this with a Sigma F80, which I find gives a more natural finish, this foundation really benefits from being worked into the skin properly.

I do find that this does really even out my skin tone, it covers my redness, and if I apply it under my eyes takes care of my dark circles (well it covers them, it doesn’t illuminate in anyway) and if my skin isn’t freaking out too much I can skip concealer.

This works really well with my oily skin, it doesn’t last the 16 hours that it claims but it lasts a good 8-10 before it starts to look a little worse for wear. If you have dry skin however I would tread carefully with this, I have a couple of dry patches from using Panoxyl and if I don’t prep my skin properly, it clings to it like nothing else.

I think this is a great quality, inexpensive foundation and works well for everyday. It lives up to most of its claims and lasts really well throughout the day. I have been wearing this pretty much continuously since I got it and I would definitely repurchase. The main downside with this, as with most Bourjois foundations is the shade range, it comes in five shades, and I can just get away with the lightest shade, I don’t think it would suit me in winter, when I’m paler; sort it out Bourjois!

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation costs £10.99 (currently on offer for £6.99) and you can find it at Boots (link)

4 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty interesting...Bourjois have had some great foundation releases. Tempted to try it if I can find a vaguely close colour match :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always tempted by demi matte foundations, will keep an eye out for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, at first i thought you said 'medium coverage bordering on DULL'.
    '8-10 before it starts to look a little worse for wear' --> that's good enough for me. It looks like this is decidely not the one for you. What you had to say about the dry patches is putting me off. From reading other reviews too, this one has more of matte finish. What a crying shame, i loved that 1,2,3 thing they had going for it. It looks like the 'flower perfection' (which they also claim to be a medium to full foundation) has a matte finish but no one has said it's not suitable for dry skin yet. Must fill up a mini pot from the tester and give it a go. I am really really on the look out for a full coverage foundation and one which doesnt make me look too pink either!
    oops, i might have rambled on a little bit there x
    liloo /@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just bought the foundation cant wait to give it a go i really enjoy Bourjois products :)
    great blog by the way now following :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete