Tuesday 24 April 2012

Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Masque

Macadamia Deep repair mask
I picked up this sachet from the shop that I mentioned in this post which carries the whole line of Macadamia Oil products. I was originally going to get the oil, but it seemed like it was mainly silicone, which I try to avoid in large quantities, as it really builds up on my hair. I did wanted to try something though so I settled on the mask (which does contain silicone- but as I won’t be using it daily I don’t mind so much).
Now this is expensive, this sachet cost me £3.75, which  I think is slightly more than you would pay online (link) but I didn’t want to wait for postage, and as much as I tried to only use half of this, I ended up using the whole thing. My hair isn’t long, it’s just past shoulder length, but it is very thick and I have a lot of it, so if you have more normal or fine hair you will get more uses out of this.
It smells really nice, not nutty like I was expecting, but a light floral scent. It says to leave it on for around 7 minutes but I left it on for half an hour, and left it to do its thing while I got on with some errands.
My hair felt really conditioned when I washed this off, and after letting this air dry and straightening my hair looked a lot smoother and healthier. I was expecting a lot from this mask and while I don’t think it lived up the the massive hype it receives online it was a nice mask and my hair definitely felt a lot healthier after using it. I will probably be picking up another sachet to try and if I still like it I might invest in the full size.
Do you use any of the Macadamia Oil products? Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment