Sunday 18 March 2012

Dealing With Acne: Vichy Dermablend

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Make Up

I couldn't resist picking this up when the current skincare 3 for 2 at Boots started. Vichy are a French pharmacy brand and the Dermablend line is a range of high coverage foundations, and a setting powder. I got the stick foundation in shade 11 Porcelain. Vichy say these have double the pigment of a normal foundation with 40% pigments (the liquid version has 35%. I have mainly been using this as a concealer but it works well if used lightly as a foundation, and asti is a pan stick it blends really quickly when used with a buffing or kabuki brush.

It has a quite dry texture, but as lot as I use a moisturiser or primer before I use this it doesn't cling to dry patches. The coverage of this really is amazing, one application covers the worst of my scarring. So long as it is used correctly it doesn't feel heavy on the skin or look cakey. I find it is applied best with fingers and then buffed into the skin with either an Elf Powder Brush, Real Techniques Buffing Brush or Sigma F80. You don't want to use a paddle brush with this, it won't blend it properly.

I haven't had any issues with break outs from this, and as Vichy are a skincare brand, I do feel more confident that it isn't going to block my pores. The main downside with this is the shade range. If your any lighter than NC/W15 you will struggle to find a match, as for darker shades, they aren't really there. The range only really caters to fair - medium skins, but does have both warm and cool undertones. It seems fairly pricey at around £19, but you do get 12 grams of product, and I doubt I will need to repurchase this for a very long time!

1 comment:

  1. oooh i'm dying to try some vichy but i want to find it in a store first because at that price i can't afford to risk buying blind! xx

    ReplyDelete