Monday 26 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butters: Candy Apple, Crème Brulee and Raspberry Pie

Revlon Lip Butters New UK US Release Boots

Well after a long and over hyped wait Revlon Lip Butters have finally landed in the UK. The lip balm/lipstick hybrids come in 14 different shades here (as opposed to the 20 that were released in the US) and range from nudes to reds to bright pink. I picked up 3 shades from Boots, and made use of the current 3 for 2 across all cosmetics. They cost £7.99 each so I got all three for £15.98.

Revlon Lip Butters Balms New Swatches Boots

DSC_0928

Crème Brulee

Revlon Lip Butters Candy Apple

Candy Apple

Revlon Lip Butter Raspberry Pie

Raspberry Pie

The shade range is good, there are few too many baby pink shades for my liking but other than that every skin tone should find a shade that should suit them! These have quite a thick consistency and although the shades I have are very pigmented they still manage to be slightly translucent, making the brighter shades a lot easier to wear.

DSC_0934

Crème Brulee ~ Raspberry Pie ~ Candy Apple

These look really pretty on the lips, they don’t have an over the top shine, or look thick like a traditional lipstick. They do fade, and after about 2 – 3 hours I need to reapply, but they don't look patchy when they fade, they leave more of a stained effect.

For me these live up to the hype. Not because they are amazing, do it all wonder products, but because they are easy to wear, they are convenient to put in your hand bag,  they’re more pigmented than a lip balm but more comfortable to wear than a lipstick. Chances are I’ll be picking up a few more of these, I had wanted to get Pink Truffle but my nearest Boots had sold out, I also quite fancy getting Lollipop.

Have you tried any Revlon Lip Butters? Do you believe the hype?

Revlon Lip Butters are available at Boots and Superdrug and cost £7.99

3 comments:

  1. Great swatches, I really want Candy Apple! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely! Hoping to pick one up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab swatches and photos. I HAVE to buy one (or more) now, they look great and I am happy they're inbetween lipstick & lipbalm! :) xo

    ReplyDelete