Monday 19 March 2012

Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo Swatches

DSC_0839

Maybelline Color Tattoo Colour Swatches

Endless Purple ~ On and On Bronze ~ Permanent Taupe

As promised here are some swatches of the three Maybelline Color Tattoos that I picked up on Friday. I’m unsure how many shades have been released in the UK, the Superdrug in Leicester (which is one of the bigger Superdrug’s) has five shades, where as my local one only has three. So it looks like we are only getting five shades, but I might be wrong!

I was a bit let down by the purple shade, it is quite patchy, and the pigmentation isn’t as good as the others, it’s also harder than the others to build up, so I’ll be saving it as a base. I should say most ranges seem to struggle with purple shades, they always seem to be less pigmented than any other shade.

The bronze and taupe shades are gorgeous, both on their own or as bases. They blend really easily, and without a primer they wear all day. I have had Permanent Taupe on since 5am and still no creasing! If I liked the other shades that were available to me  I would definitely be picking them up, but I can’t see myself reaching for gold or turquoise shades that often, so I will be passing on those.

I’m still disappointed that we haven’t got the full range. I really wanted the orange and red shades that are available in the US, and if I see them in Superdrug I will be no doubt seen running toward the till clutching them!

The Maybelline Color Tattoos are available at Superdrug (and I assume Boots in some time) and cost £4.99

9 comments:

  1. I so want to buy some of these! Every review I have seen has said the purple is a let down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd avoid the purple, not worth the patchy application! x

      Delete
  2. The bronze and taupe ones look lovely! I'm still in two minds about buying these as I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of them but they are definitely tempting me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get more use out of cream shadows as bases, they give neutral shades a bit more dimension
      x

      Delete
  3. these look pretty good, might get on and on bronze or permanent taupe and use it as a base with my naked palettes as the brown/bronzes are my favourites!
    abbi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to get my naked palette out today and see what I can come up with, the bronze would make a great base! X

      Delete
  4. umm, can I be brutally honest? the purple, like you said looks way too patchy and a little rubbish, and the taupe I have been lusting for looks too dark. It actually looks better in the jar. I am unsure I am going to buy these now. The gold however looks bang on the money. How deep is that colour with little flecks of green and red. wow. Very happy to hear that the duration is good xx
    liloo /@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The taupe does sheer out , but it takes a bit more effort and blending. I'm dying to try the bronze as a base for the MUA H & E palette x

      Delete
  5. After seeing these on here that you blogged about I went into my local Superdrug to find them (which isn't big nor small, but it doesn't sell MUA pro cosmetics so you can see that it isn't a big-ish store).... but they sold 6 or 7 or 8 (was more than 5!!) of these "Maybelline 24HR Color Tattoo Swatches" so I was a little shocked they sold them all(or most)!!! so it looks like you just have to look in different superdrug stores to find more!! :)

    Great post btw! :)

    xo ~ Lizzie (bargain-beauty-buys.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete