Wednesday 7 December 2011

Glossybox November

Glossy Box

DSC_2556

This isn’t going to be a massive post, as I’m sure you have already read a lot of Glossybox reviews for November. I’ve only just signed up, and I now subscribe to two beauty boxes: Glossybox and Carmine (see my post here) and I’ve also signed my boyfriend up to Glossybox for Men (he saw Murad on the possible brands and had an attack of excitement, bless).

I’ve read a lot of reviews of this particular Glossybox and I know a lot of people weren’t happy. I however, very impressed with what I received which was:

Arbonne Ultra Hydrating Hand Cream

Illamasqua Freak Eau De Parfum

Nail Rock Designer Nail Wraps

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer

Silderm Body Oil

If you want to see any reviews of the products, let me know, and I’ll write them up once I’ve tried them out properly.  This box has done what I expect from a beauty box, shown me some brands I’ve never heard of, and some products I wouldn’t consider buying without trying first.

I’ve also read a lot of peoples comments about perfume samples ‘not counting’, and that they can get them free at a department store. Well, my views on that are that I love receiving perfume samples, I’ve been wanting to try Freak for a while but I don’t have a counter near me, and don’t want to order it without having a sniff first! Also samples at a counter? I’ve never been able to get perfume samples at a counter, the only freebie samples I have  ever got were from publicity events in places like the White City Westfield. I never know where to start with fragrance and I’d rather have a few days worth to try that have to travel to a department store and spend ages spritzing those little bits of card.

Do you subscribe to Glossybox? What are your thoughts on the service?

No comments:

Post a Comment