Wednesday 14 December 2011

Wednesday’s Quick Pick: Soap and Glory Hocus Focus

Soap and GLory Hocus Focus

DSC_2568

Hocus Focus was another of Soap and Glory’s products I’d heard a lot about and have been wanting to try for a while. It claims to be an ‘instant visual flaw-softening lotion’ I’d describe it as an opalescent, sheer highlighter.  It looks off-white at first, but when it’s blended and the light hits it, it reflects with seriously pretty gold and pink tones. It gives you a lovely glow without making you look like a disco ball, there’s no glitter in the product which is a big plus for me.

I can’t really comment on whether it softens lines as that isn’t really a concern of mine, it does brighten my skin and stop my skin looking dull and lacklustre. Mixed into foundation it looks beautiful and really lifts my complexion, it also hasn’t broke me out when used like this so it should suit most skin types.

If you are going to be having your photo taken, especially if there will be flash photography involved, you might want to stick to using this on the high points of you face (cheekbones, brow bone, down the nose etc) this will stop you being left with photos that make your face look a shade lighter.

This is a really great, universally flattering product, and because the base colour is so sheer it will look amazing on pretty much every skin tone, and with what ever other products you want to wear it with!

Soap and Glory’s Hocus Focus costs £13.00 and is available at Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment