Thursday 8 December 2011

Say So Long to Blackheads with Soap and Glory’s No Clogs Allowed Super Self Heating Deep Pore Detox Mask!

Soap and Glory No Clogs Allowed

Soap and Glory No Clogs  Allowed Box

I picked this up recently as the Soap and Glory facial skincare was on 3 for 2 at Boots and there were a few things I wanted to try but didn’t want to pay the full whack for. No Clogs Allowed Super Self Heating Deep Pore Detox Mask (try saying that in a hurry!) is something I was interested in as I’ve been trying to find something that would get rid of the dead skin (eww) that makes my skin look dull and break out. I’ve tried a fair few face scrubs and found them either too scratchy or completely useless. I’ve also tried not exfoliating, which really doesn’t work for my skin, my skin is really lazy and unless I make the effort to slough off those pesky dead skin cells, it just gets blocked up and then I get break-outs and blackheads.

When you squeeze out this face mask its a thick, white liquid with a grainy consistency, you are directed to apply all over the face (obviously avoiding the eye area) and scrub it in with wet fingers until it turns blue. You can then rinse it off straight away with the cellulose sponge provided, or leave it for up to fifteen minutes to really let it deep clean your skin.

The box also states that this contains ‘exfoliating acids’ and from the ingredients I’m assuming this refers to the Salicylic Acid, which in terms of getting rid of spots/blackheads is usually a great ingredient to look out for, and I’ve had a lot of success with it in the past.

I love the feeling of using this mask, you do feel it heating up, and the scrubbing action actually feels like it’s working, and doing something. When I rinsed it off, my skin felt a lot cleaner. and the blocked pores/blackheads I have on my nose, although they didn't vanish, they looked less prominent, and my skin felt much smoother.

I’ll definitely continue using this a few times a week and hopefully the good results will continue!

Well done if you made it all the way through that! I hope I didn’t ramble too much, but I think with skincare, it’s better to be thorough. I would also just like to say that I have oily but sensitive skin (and probably a bit dehydrated also) so although this has worked for me if you have very dry skin, for example, it may not work for you.

You can find Soap and Glory’s No Clogs Allowed Super Self Heating Deep Pore Detox Mask at Boots and costs £11.00

8 comments:

  1. I find that skincare with salicylic acid is usually effective with regards to spots, and I make my own aspirin scrub at home- crushed aspirin tablets with honey. Makes skin softer and clearer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh I really want to try this.Might have to invest as I've never tried Soap and Glory products. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I have similar skin, its a pain in the you know what. I might try this, can you give us an update after a few uses please? to see if it still works. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments guys!
    I'll be singh a skincare update in a couple of weeks, I'm just testing a moisturiser, so expect a big skincare post in a couple of weeks!
    Hollie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hollie this sounds SO FUN!!!! Scrubbing until blue and then leaving it on as mask!! Count me in! I need some of this. I love masking too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your review! Next time I'm in Boots

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent review! im trying to get rid of my blackheads so ill have a better look at the soap and glory section next time! :)

    ReplyDelete