Monday 25 July 2011

Products I Wish I Had Never Bought: Maxfactor Xperience Weightless Foundation

Last summer I began my quest for my Holy Grail foundation, not yet willing to venture to the realms of the Department Store to find it, I went into my ever faithful Boots to see what I could find.
DSC_0541
After speaking to a perma-tanned Maxfactor SA (I should of recognised the warning flags there really) she decided that the shade Raw Silk would be right for my skin tone. Making use of the 3 for 2 that was on at the time, I bought 2 (big mistake) I got on with this foundation for about a week before I started to realise all its flaws.
I realised almost immediately the colour was completely wrong for me, in that it was entirely to orange! although I doubt getting the right colour would of really mattered as it oxidises after about 2 hours. So in short I looked rather like an Oompa Loompa.
I think I can say I put this foundation through it’s paces when I was living in London last year, a year full of Tube rides, a summer heatwave, and a blisteringly cold winter. My skin went from oily, to dry with bouts of sore skin and acne. The claims that this foundation is ‘weightless’ seem ridiculous to me, I could feel it sliding off my face (along with the rest of my make-up) after about two hours, something no amount various powders would change. It highlighted every single pore, I think its safe to say even my skin, at it’s worst looked better without foundation than with this one.
Even when my skin was less oily, in winter it still failed me by highlighting all dry patches of skin, make flakies appear where there were previously none.
DSC_0445
In case you’re still interested, you can find Maxfactor Xperience at Boots or Superdrug priced between £7.99 and £9.99 ( depending on the current offers)

1 comment:

  1. Thats a shame you didn't like this, I love this foundation but a lot of people have said they aren't keen.
    I know what you mean about it oxidising though but it seems to match my skintone, I'm on about my 6th tube of it.

    x

    ReplyDelete