Monday 3 October 2011

Illamasqua Cream Blush in Sob

Whilst in London I found myself in Selfridges on more than one occasion, and whilst I was there I wanted to check out Illamasqua’s new Skin Base. I didn’t purchase it however as I found the sales assistant to be quite rude, and for some reason seem to think my pale skin was Shade 7/8, both of which were way to dark and way to orange for my skin. When I asked if I could have a small sample to try it in natural light, she told me Illamasqua don’t do samples, so I will be sticking to Estee Lauder or Clinique for my foundations!
DSC_1241
However my boyfriend wanted to buy me something, so when my eyes wandered over to the Cream Blushes, he decided Sob would be a nice colour for me and bought it for me.
Sob is a gorgeous cool toned baby pink with a touch of lavender in it, perfect for pale skin, but I have since worn it when I’ve tanned and it didn’t look at all ashy or unflattering. So I think because its a cream rather than a powder it will blend in nicely with most skin tones.
DSC_1247
This is one of the easiest to blend cream blushes I own and it doesn’t feel sticky or greasy on the skin, I apply and blend with fingers before setting with a little translucent powder. I find longevity is quite good, lasting at least six hours before I need to top it up, but if you have normal/drier skin you might find it lasts longer on you.
Illamasqua’s Cream Blushes retail at £16.50, and are available online and at their counters.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the SA! I hate it when that happens! I don't understand how they think treating people like that will increase their sales...

    Sweet of your boyfriend to get you the blush! It is a very pretty shade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I only wanted to check the shade, they should realize samples will encourage people to buy the full size !
    I love the blush though, Ill probably just stick to buying it in Birmingham from now on, the staff there are much nicer!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks that they were rude and clearly useless- no one wants to look orange and they should have at least let you try another colour. What a shame!

    The cream blush looks gorgeous though, such a pretty colour, would be nice to see a FOTD with it on! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when a sale girl or guy dont listen to the customer..they lost a sale for that matter.

    But this cream blush looks soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blush looks gorgeous :) Sorry about the SA, some people can be so rude

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it was rude! But at least I can be happy I got a great blush!
    Hollie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete