Wednesday 2 May 2012

Clarisonic Plus : First Impressions

Clarisonic Plus Review Acne Oily Skin

So I finally caved. I have been wanting a Clarisonic for about a year and the combination of having birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and a 10% off code for Feel Unique made me finally give in. I got the plus, as with the code it wasn’t much more than a Classic full priced and I wanted to be able to use it as a body brush, so it made sense, although if you do just want to use it for cleansing I would say the Mia is a lot cheaper!

I use this twice a day, and have been for the past fortnight. Please remember this isn’t a review, I just want to catalogue how I am getting on with it every few weeks or so, as I think it will be helpful for anyone considering buying one.

When I started using this I was suffering with quite few breakouts, and a lot of cystic acne on my jawline. After I ordered this I literally couldn’t wait for it to arrive as it was driving me mad! I use the sensitive brush head, and use it on the highest speed setting, after about four days my spots had pretty much all cleared up, and until today I have had no spots, aside from one pesky one that cropped up on my chin last night.

The texture of my skin has definitely improved, feels a lot smoother and the stubborn blocked pores look a lot better.

I’ve used this with a lot of different cleansers, but my current favourites are REN’s No1 Purity Cleansing Balm at night and Origins Checks and Balances in the morning.

In each of these posts I am going to include a picture of my skin without make up, so if you are of a nervous disposition look away now…

DSC_1187

So at the minute my main concern is scarring and uneven skin tone, which I am hoping will hopefully submit to the products I am using currently. I don’t have the best skin in the world, but this is the best it has been for a long time. 

I haven’t hit the dreaded ‘purge’ stage yet, and am really loving the Clarisonic so far!

3 comments:

  1. I just got my clarisonic mia yesterday :D Luckily my skin has cleared up alot over the past few months, though I still have scarring and one or two blemishes now from time of the month! (bio oil has helped with scarring ALOT)
    Really excited to see if it works for me!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have success with this! I've heard it's helped a lot of people with troublesome skin, but isn't so great if you have 'normal' skintone. I believe you've also got to keep using it to feel the benefits, as as soon as you stop using the skin problems can return. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, i can't wait to read about your journey and how you get on with this. the results already, from what you are writing are already very impressive.
    liloo /@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete