Thursday 26 January 2012

Get Beautiful Skin with No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream

DSC_0228

Since trying Boots 17’s BB Cream I’ve been rethinking the way I use foundation. I love my Estee Lauder Double Wear but the weather has been playing havoc with my skin and my usually oily skin has been getting dry and dull. So I was very excited to hear that No7’s BB Cream would come in three different formulations targeted at different skin types. I had a No7 Voucher burning a hole in my pocket a couple of weeks ago and picked up a tube of the Normal/Oily BB Cream.

‘Take off those winter layers and reveal your outer beauty this spring with new No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream. Its unique 3-in-1 formula evens and enhances skin tone and disguises imperfections, while the nutrient-enriched formula helps to banish blemishes.

And with the added protective power of SPF 15 and 5 * UVA technology to help skin stay youthful, BB is the only way to wear this season’s must-have essential - perfectly-pared back, beautiful skin.

For Normal / Oily Skin’

It comes in two shades (Fair + Medium) and although I would of like to have seen a few more shades the Fair is a pretty good match for my skin. It has an SPF of 15 and 5* UVA protection, which is great as I can never remember to put sunscreen on when it’s cold out!

DSC_0229

I been experimenting with how to wear and apply this and I get the best results for me by mixing about 2/3’s with a 1/3 of Double Wear and apply it with my MAC 129 (but whatever flat foundation brush you like would work just as well) and then to blend it fully I buff it in with a MAC 187 (but again any stippling brush would work) I find this way gives me the coverage I need but stops my skin looking dull, and prevents the Double Wear clinging to dry patches.

DSC_0232

DSC_0234

Although I do wear this with Double Wear to work, if I’m not at work and don’t want to wear such heavy make – up I will wear this alone, apply it with fingers with some MAC MSF on top. After applying it has quite a dewy finish, but it sets down to a natural semi-matte finish. The coverage is good, I still need to use concealer as I have quite bad acne scarring.

You can use this with or without a moisturiser, but as I find my skin gets oilier when it’s dehydrated I have been using it on top of Liz Earle’s Skin Repair, and I don’t find that my skin gets oily, and I haven’t suffered with any breakouts (also due to a change in skincare but more on that later)

I can’t sing the praises of this products enough. For me I find it better suited than the 17 BB Cream, so I don’t mind that it’s a bit more pricey. I can’t speak for the other two formulations but if you have oily/combination skin, this would be a great and versatile product to try.

No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream retails at £12.95 (I used a £5 No7 voucher) and is available at Boots.

4 comments:

  1. I wish some US drusgtore brands would come out with their BB cream versions - this sounds really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent tried any of these "BB" creams, but have tried at least four or five original asian ones, two of which I really do like. Apparently they're very different and I have heard beauty gurus who swear by asian BB creams that the 'western' ones are very different and more like bases than actual substitutes for foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will not succumb to the temptation
    i will not succumb to the temptation
    i will not succumb to the temptation
    i will not succumb to the temptation
    it is tempting though
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think other web site proprietors should take this web site as an model, very clean and great user friendly style and design, let alone the content. You're an expert in this topic!
    Lokar BAG-6075 Billet Aluminum Brake/Clutch Pad

    ReplyDelete